The messaging section handles communication for your event by targeting specific subscribers and sending messages to multiple destinations through different mediums. Messaging can be found in the side menu or on a team details page.
The subscribers section targets specific subscribers of events and/or teams that will receive a message.
Subscribers can be filtered from the following lists below.
- Everyone - Everyone who is subscribed to an event or team
- Coaches - A coach that has a valid email or phone number/carrier that is tied to the team or is following a team.
The type of message can filter subscribers even further.
- Event Message - will target subscribers who are subscribed to a current or past event.
- Division Message - will target subscribers who are subscribed to certain teams in one or more past or current divisions.
- Team Message - will target subscribers who are subscribed to specific teams for an event.
Messages can be sent to different destinations but not all are available to certain message types.
- App Notification - a push notification to an app.
- Text - text to valid mobile number and carrier (if required). Will be sent as a link if over 160 characters.
- Email - email to valid email address.
- Messages - the message section on the app, event website and widget.
- Twitter - Twitter wall (must be setup under Global Settings or Event Settings)
- Facebook - Facebook wall (must be setup under Global Settings or Event Settings)
Note: The event message type will be the only one that can target Messages, Twitter and Facebook.
The actual message that is sent to subscriber destinations.
- Title - the title of the message.
- Text - the text of the message.
- Attachment - a file attachment on the message.
- Order- the order of the message in the Messages section. (Only for Event Message type)