HoopStats Basketball Scoring is a comprehensive basketball statistics tracker application for the iPhone and iPad. HoopStats costs $4.99 per Apple account download. To setup HoopStats and have live scoring and box scores available through Exposure use the following steps to get up and running quickly.
- Setup a statistics vendor.
- Add a scorekeeper user.
- An email will be sent to the email address entered for the user containing the username/password if it's a new user, otherwise send the username and password to anyone who will be accessing that account either in person, email, or other communication mechanism.
- Send Apple app download link and instructional link to statisticians.
- Enter Rosters into Exposure.
- Read below for a quick setup.
Once the HoopStats app is downloaded on an iPhone or iPad the following steps will help import games from Exposure and start scoring a game.
Before using HoopStats be sure to follow these rules when using Exposure as an integration point.
- Never rename a player that comes from Exposure, we will handle any renaming
- Never delete a player from a roster, even if they are no longer on the roster
- Follow step #7 below to add a new player not on the roster
- Always finalize the game by clicking the Final button
- When loading a game, always click the live stats link to verify Exposure is receiving the stats
The following screenshots below are shown using an iPhone but the iPad version may differ.
- Open the app on iPhone or iPad and click Settings at the bottom.
- Under Exposure Events Settings enter your Scorekeeper Username and Password and click Done button.
- Click the Games button at the bottom, then the + button top right if this is the first time using the app. For existing events, just click on the existing Event Name and the + button top right to import New games.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Import from Exposure Events
- After importing a list of games will appear. Click the Game to be scored. If you ever need to score a different game you must click the season and Import the games again like in step #4.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Score Game Now
- Start Scoring the game. If you need to enter players not on the roster, click Sub button bottom right and follow step #8.
- Click the top right button to verify live stats were sent to Exposure. Click Upload to Exposure Events. After successful upload, cilck OK and click View Live Stats to view stats went through. Sample screenshot is below on how it looks.
- Add player to roster by clicking + button on bottom right, enter player Name and Number, click Done button, then finish with clicking Done top left.
- Once the game is complete click the Period and select F for Final, then Done top left.