Apple is requiring organizations to have their own Apple account to maintain their app and pay the yearly membership fee of $99 unless you are a non-profit in which case the fee is waived. This is just a ploy to increase profits by having the customer pay a yearly fee to keep it available. Therefore please follow the steps below on creating an Apple Membership and read all steps before starting.
- Login with existing Apple ID or create a new Apple ID. You can use your existing Apple ID.
- Once you are logged in start the enrollment process
- If you are a non-profit and want to waive the $99 membership fee you must choose either Company / Organizaton or Goverment Organization for the Entity Type and apply for a DUNS Number. After successfully registering your company as a non-profit entity you can request to waive the membership fee. If you need the app soon then step 4 maybe your only option as it can take up to a week if you don't already have a DUNS number.
- Choose Individual / Sole Proprietor / Single Person Business as the Entity Type if step 3 is not an option. After you complete the Membership Agreement please purchase the membership for $99 to finalize enrollment. This enrollment fee is reoccuring and must be paid every year or the app will be removed from the app store.
Granting Exposure Access
Follow the steps below if you don't feel comfortable with Exposure having access to your Apple username/password. If you do please provide your Apple ID (email) and password in the app setup ticket. We always recommend changing your password first before giving Exposure credentials, then change it back once the app is complete.
The steps below allow Exposure access to an account to submit an app. The benefit of doing this is that Exposure will do all the work necessary to publish your app for you. If there are any updates required to the app, provisioning profile, distribution certificate, or push notification certificate, this will be carried out by Exposure.
Follow the steps below to first grant access to your iTunes Connect account and then to your Apple Developer account.
- Our Apple ID is email@example.com
- Navigate to https://itunesconnect.apple.com and log in with your credentials.
- Then you should see many different buttons for different sections in iTunes Connect. Click on 'Users and Roles'.
- The Users list will show and next to the heading you can click on the '+' sign to add a new user.
- Next, you will enter the user information for this new account in iTunes Connect. The most important piece of information is the Apple ID. You should get this information from your Exposure contact or app setup ticket.
- Click 'Next'.
- Next, you will assign permissions to this new user. Select the Admin role by checking the box next to it. This permission level will allow Exposure to perform all the necessary tasks to create and update your apps.
- Then click 'Next'.
- In the next section, you are asked to edit the notification settings for this account. You can leave it on the default values.
- Click on 'Save'. This is the last step.
- You will then be taken back to the Users and Roles overview. An email invitation has been sent to the Exposure email address you entered earlier. The invitation will be accepted by one of the Exposure employees and work can resume.
- Next, you will have to grant access to your Apple Developer account. This is where App ID’s, provisioning profiles, and push notification certificates are generated for your apps.
Navigate to https://developer.apple.com/membercenter/ and log in with an account that has access to your Developer Portal.
- You will be taken to your account’s Member Center. In the top global navigation menu, you will see the tab “People”, click on that.
- You should then see the list of people that have access to your Developer account. On the left, you can see “Invitations” in the navigation menu. Click on that.
- Next, you will click on the button 'Invite Person'.
- Fill in the form with the details required, which were given to you by your Exposure contact or app setup ticket, and select the “Admin” role. This will allow the Exposure to carry out all necessary work autonomously. It is the quickest way to get your apps published.
IMPORTANT: the email address you type into the required field above is the Apple ID email address given to you by Exposure.
- Then, click on 'Send Invitation'.
You have successfully invited Exposure to handle all app publishing matters. For more details on any of the aspects mentioned above, please contact your appointed Exposure representative.