Coaches can link teams in an event under their Exposure Coach account. This gives the coach the following benefits:
- Track event status
- Modify coach profile
- Modify other coach and athlete profiles (if administrator)
- Add rosters
- Participant in a point ranking system
- Reuse same team across events
There are several ways to link teams to a coach account to take advantage of the benefits above.
- Event Registration (Account Registration must be enabled)
- Inviting (Using external registration system and have team email address)
- Importing (Past event with teams linked to coach accounts)
- Claiming (Using external registration system with no team email address)
- Manual (Has Parent Team ID)
Registration is the best way to gather all information and seamlessly link coaches to event teams. This gives the coach the opportunity to choose a new or existing team during registration, which already has the required team and roster information. The following criteria needs to be in place for this to work:
- Setup event registration through Exposure
- Under your Registration settings Account Registration should be Required or Optional
- A team will be linked to the event team after registration
If you are using an external registration system this option will be a good solution as long as you import or add the Email Address of the team for the primary contact. This will give the ability to send a coach account invite to the team where they can link a new or existing team to the team in the event. The following criteria needs to be in place for this to work.
- Import or Add teams with a coach or primary contact that has an Email Address to the event
- Invite Teams
- Single Team (Teams -> Click Team Name -> Click Invite button)
- Multiple Teams (Teams -> Select Teams with Checkbox -> Click Actions -> Click Invite)
- An invitation will be sent to the email address with links to create a new team or link an existing team to their coach account.
You can verify what teams are linked to a coach account from the Linked column of the Teams table.
If teams are linked to coach accounts from a previous event you can export those teams and import them into the new event. This will add the new team to an existing coach account from the Team ID column of the import file that was exported. You should use this option if you already have teams linked to coach accounts in a previous event. You can achieve this from the following steps:
- Click Events in side menu and click Previous Event Name
- Click Teams in side menu
- Click Export button and choose Import Template to download file
- Click Events in side menu and click New Event Name
- Click Teams in side menu
- Click Import button and upload the Import Template file that was downloaded
If you are using an external registration system and do not have access to the email address of the team then this will be an option to link coach accounts to event teams.
- Import or Add teams to the event
- Update Account Registration to Optional or Required (Events -> Click Event Name -> Click Settings in side menu -> Click Registration section -> Update Account Registration)
- Send instructions to coaches on how to claim teams
- Navigate to Teams on Event Website or Teams Widget depending on what you are using
- Click Team Name to claim
- Look for "Are you the administrator for this team? Login or register to claim this team." at the bottom of the page and login or register to claim team.
- Claim is sent to event director for approval
- After approval, a confirmation email is sent to team and team is linked to coach account
Under the Division Teams section you can link a team by the Team ID, by clicking the Link button and entering the Team ID provided by the team or your previous event. If a team is already available in the system follow the instructions below.
If you have access to the Team ID for the team either through a previous event or from a coach (Team ID found under Coach Account) it can be manually linked to the event team.
- Get Team ID from previous event or coach
- Under Team Details click blue Team ID Link button (Teams -> Click Team Name)
- Enter Team ID and choose to include Coaches and/or Players from parent team into event team and click Link button
- The event team is now linked to the parent team that was entered.